Thursday 1 November 2012

Hello, everyone!

Pay no mind to the disarray. I'll fix things up before Monday :)
Welcome to the other side! I hope you enjoyed the lecture (or at least didn't find it utterly traumatizing) and are ready to start working on the course assignments starting on Monday, 5.11.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via email: johannes.koski@utu.fi, or leave a comment on this blog. It ought to be possible without any kind of registrations or other hurdles

In case you want to try out Asteroids, one of the old games I discussed on the lecture, you can find a rather good version of it here. I think the playing area is a bit smaller than in the original but otherwise it's about as close as it gets.

Oh, and for all of you who are unfamiliar with Uuno Turhapuro (and wish to torment themselves with a dreadful morsel of Finnish pop culture history), here's Uuno's Wikipedia page. And this is how he looks in action:


I felt it my duty to enlighten you about Uuno since I mentioned him during the lecture and so few of you were familiar with him. I'm afraid our souls might never recover from seeing that video. Sorry.

Anyway! Check back on Monday, and I hope you'll enjoy the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment